Monday, December 14, 2015

Free writing #2

 It happened 4 months ago at the time I first arrived in America. At that time, my English wasn't very well and I couldn't express my opinion very clearly. Thus, l made a joke. Once a time, I went to McDonald's to have my lunch. I ordered the food very smoothly and I was glad to myself. After washing my hands, I want some napkins to wipe my hands. So I asked the service if she could give me some paper. But to my suprise, she asked me whether I needed a pen or not. I was totally confused: why did I need a pen. I told her I need paper to dry my hands. She understood me and told me that was napkin actually. I laughed to myself because it was the same in Chinese but I was in America! Now, I know the differences between the paper, napkin, tissue and the others. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment