Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Free writing #3

 The aim of argument, discussion, debate should not be victory, but progress.
                                     -Joseph Joubert

 I had a room mate when I lived in West Hempstead. When I said something, for example, my landlord asked me some questions about the jobs of my friends and I told she what I knew, he would say I was wrong and what I said could not be true without giving any provements. Before I bought car, he usually asked me what l would bought and then told me it was not a realiable car. I thought it was very outrageous. We have an argument or discussion because we want to know the correct answer. We give our opinions to get the result rather than proving your are wrong and I am right. It is totally superfical to do such things. We will enjoy the progress. The answer is not such important, what you have learned inside the discussion is the most important things.








No comments:

Post a Comment